CUB SCOUT SPORTS: MARBLES
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MARBLES SPORTS BELT LOOP
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of Ringer or another marble game to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing skills to play the game of Ringer or another marble game.
- Participate in a game of marbles.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MARBLES SPORTS PIN
Earn the Marbles beh loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a den, pack, or community marbles tournament.
- Explain to an adult what lagging is. Demonstrate how to do it.
- Demonstrate the following shooting techniques: knuckling down, bowling, and lofting (also called plunking).
- Explain the correct way of scoring for a game of marbles.
- Play five complete matches of marbles using standard rules.
- Start a collection of marbles and show it at a den or pack meeting.
- Write a short report on the history of marbles and share it with your den or family.
- Explain the rules about shooters.
GENERAL SPORTS REQUIREMENTS
Following are the requirements for earning the Sports belts loops and pins.
- Belt loops and pins are earned only by Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts (not adults).
- The archery and BB-gun shooting belt loops and pins must be earned under BSA range-trained supervision. The BB-gun shooting loop and pin must be earned at a BSA facility range.
- Requirements may be adjusted to accommodate the special needs of Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts with disabilities.
- Webelos Scouts may earn a belt loop or pin a second time to qualify for Webelos activity badges.
- Boys may earn belt loops more than once; however, leaders should encourage boys to try different requirements and earn the pin. Packs should have a clear policy in place about whether the pack or the boy's family is responsible for the cost of awards earned more than once.
CUB-SAFE MARBLES RESOURCES FOR KIDS
- Marble Collectors Corner
- Alan's Marble Connection - contains marbles for sale, identification help, a reproductions page, a discussion board, and more.
- Duke's Marbles - marble collecting and selling.
- Marble Collectors Corner - An area for all collectors of antique and collectible playing marbles.
[ Back To Top ]